Here is another great recipe for your Souper Bowl Sunday fund drive. This one is adapted from Food.com and is used by the GFS at St. John’s in Costa Mesa.
Submitted by Charlotte J
3 cups dried pink beans or 3 cups dried red beans or 3 cups dried kidney beans
3 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons dehydrated onion
1 tablespoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon oregano
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- Put beans into a jar or large bag.
- Combine spices into a small bag.
- Place the cans of tomato sauce and diced tomatoes in your gift basket.
- Wash beans. Put into pot with spices.
- Cook until done, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, brown 1 pound of ground beef and drain.
- Add meat, tomatoes and sauce to the beans.
- Simmer to blend flavors.
Here is a link to the recipe cards created by Marie Greatorex for this recipe.