Ways to participate in GFS !
Visit a GFS event
Attend a GFS Diocesan Event. Check out our Calendar!
Join an Existing Branch
Contact Margaret Nolde at 714-330-1156 to find out the location of existing GFS branches.
Form a Branch at Your Parish
The ingredients of a new branch:
- Girls, age 5-21
- Adult leadership
- Consent of the parish rector
To schedule a presentation about the Girls Friendly Society organization and its mission, please contact us at [email protected]. We can present GFS to your parish membership and help you with the logistics of forming this organization.
Some start-up funds are available for new branches. In addition, continuing branches can apply for program support.
- GFS is open to girls of all races, nationalities and faith backgrounds.
- Plan to hold 2 meetings per month during the school year. It is optional to schedule activities during the summer time.
- Snack and fellowship time
- GFS Prayer and devotions
- Community service project, badge study or other fun, enrichment activities
- Close with GFS Friendship Circle song
GFS has a flexible format. We offer structured materials and study guides. However, the main purpose, always, is to provide girls with their special place as ministers in their parish and to help them grow up to be strong women and leaders. We encourage you to be creative in fulfilling that purpose.